Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Today's Country Tidbits

Eric Church is selling out amphitheatres all across the country with his Blood, Sweat and Beers tour. Part of the fun is a new pyrothechnics show that Eric is having fun with, but it's not always safe to play with fire: “I’ve only had one instance. I had—I burned all the hair off my right arm one night. I had one thing where I was punching and I was trying to time it where as the flames came up, I would punch, and then the flame would come up…but I timed it wrong, and they came at the same time. So, I had no more hair on my arm.” No word on whether he'll take the flames with him when he's on the Jimmy Fallon show Monday night.

Once again this year, the nominees for the ACM New Artist of the Year will play the ACM Fan Jam, the concert that takes place during and after the ACM Awards. Hosted and led by Zac Brown Band, Scotty McCreery, Brantley Gilbert and Hunter Hayes will all take part in the concert. Though he's been performing since he was 4, the 20-year-old Hunter was blown away by the nomination: “I mean it was – you know you hear surreal and all that good stuff, it really was. You kind of pass right by it because it doesn’t seem like it’s real and then all of a sudden you realize – you sort of process the information and you go back and you’re like ‘wait a minute’.” The awards air April first on CBS.

Jake Owen got a date for the prom. Jake tweeted to Larissa Lewis, “My name is Jake. We've never met, but I have a question for you. Hope to hear from you, -J” The high school senior replied right away and found out that Jake was helping out her boyfriend, Tyler Miles. Tyler got his prom date and told Jake that he made her night.

Speaking of dating, apparently Kelly Clarkson is dating Reba McEntire's stepson, Brandon Blackstock. Narvel Blackstock, Reba's husband and Brandon's dad, is Kelly's manager. The two are apparently very good for each other.

Keith Urban accompanied his wife, Nicole Kidman, to Washington DC where she received the Humanitarian Award at the Kuwait-America Foundation gala. She was honored for her work with the UN Women. Reports are that Nicole was "elegant and reserved," and that the two spent the evening hand in hand.

Miranda Lambert is donating her share of ticket sales for her March 24th show in Louisville, Kentucky to tornado relief. Even Ticketmaster is in the spirit, waiving most of their fees on the remaining tickets for the show.

Lady Antebellum's "Own the Night" is the top country album again this week, in spite of selling 15 million copies already. Luke Bryan's "Spring Break: Suntan City" 4-song EP is #2.

Catch Toby Keith and his "Red Solo Cup" today on the Ellen DeGeneres Show. Tomorrow he'll be on The Tonight Show, also performing his silly drinking song. According to Toby, “I think we’ve got enough credibility through our fight and through the music we put out that I could get away with a little bit more, pushing the envelope a little bit further than everybody else - because I proved it would work.”

The tweet of the day is from Jake Owen: "In Austin TX tonight for the rodeo. I was gonna ride this bull today, but he got scared."