Monday, March 26, 2012

Today's Country Tidbits

It's a big week for Kenny Chesney - his 44th birthday is today and Sunday night, he's up for nine ACM Awards. He'll probably cap off his birthday week by winning at least a couple of categories. Kenny's outlook? “I think one of the most important lessons that I’ve learned from my mom is no matter what life throws at you, is just to take a step back, take a deep breath, and just take life as it comes. She loves life, and I thank God that I got my love of life from her.”

The Eli Young Band turned a career corner in 2011 with the song "Crazy Girl." They're nominated for Group of the Year and Song of the Year this Sunday night at the ACM Awards, and are humbled by the company they're keeping: “That song has absolutely changed our lives. And the fact that we’re included in Group of the Year, I mean, everyone on that list has had not only a huge year, but huge careers.” In the Group of the Year category with EYB are Rascal Flatts, Zac Brown Band, The Band Perry and Lady Antebellum.

Brantley Gilbert is feeling pretty confident going into Sunday night. He's nominated in the fan-voted New Artist category and says, “Well, I always say we don’t have fans, we have friends. I think a friend is somebody that supports you, #1...and these people are paying money to get CDs and to get into shows and, you know, to support me. So, that and, you know, trust...I can trust that they’re gonna be there.”

Hunter Hayes is eagerly anticipating Sunday night's ACM Award show. He's a first-time nominee and is psyched:“It’s like my Super Bowl. It’s like we gather around as a family, we shut off the phones, we don’t pay attention to anything but the awards show. I mean, it’s that moment when all my favorites come out on TV. It’s my chance to see everybody, and now of course getting to go—totally different ballgame. And way cooler I might add!”

Dr. Seuss didn't write "The Lorax 2" but Hollywood is apparently going to try to make the movie, anyway. According to scuttlebutt, Taylor Swift will be part of the sequel, if there is one.

In other Taylor news, two men are under arrest for pretending to represent Taylor Swift. They duped a California investor out of nearly a quarter-million dollars, promising to deliver a Taylor Swift concert in Arizona. The two have no connection to Taylor and could spend 15 years in jail if convicted of grand larceny and forgery.

Jake Owen is on The Tonight Show tonight.

The tweet of the day is from Jake Owen: "Landed in LA. Flight attendant gave me 16 bottles of Jack D minis because I signed a photo for her. I think I made out like a bandit."