Monday, March 19, 2012

Today's Country Tidbits

Keith Urban and his band need combat pay for surviving the video shoot for his "Act of Valor" song, "For You." According to Keith, “I think my drummer got a little bit of [shrapnel] every now and then. And actually, I think in the video there’s one scene where they go off, and you can see my drummer’s head go forward a little bit…it’s so loud. Those things going off it’s just insanely loud and stuff goes everywhere. They were set a long way back from us, but there’s a lot of force going on.” Check it out for yourself...


Blake Shelton's doing it. Keith Urban's doing it. Does Justin Moore want to be a tv star, too? “You know what, as far as TV goes I have no desire to act. I don’t have a face for TV. I will never say never. You know, there are opportunities that come up that you have to think about. But for me, right now my soul reason for being where I’m at and my soul desire is to play music.” He's on the road with Blake's "Well Lit & Amplified" tour.

If Ronnie Dunn ever decides to give up music, he has a future in photography. He loves to shoot sunsets, and apparently he's really good. “It’s funny, I have a house in Santa Fe and I tell people I didn’t buy the house, I bought the sunset because it’s just perfect. The view is killer and I can stand outside on the veranda and shoot ‘em. But, a friend gave me this real cool 5D camera, state of the art stuff. So, I shoot sunsets. And they’re different! You know, every few seconds they change out there.”

In "hey, it worked for Toby Keith" department, Rascal Flatts will be opening a chain of restaurants later this year. No word on the name, or any other details, yet, but Gary LeVox said the guys want to give fans something new and different.

The Band Perry is touring the UK this week, celebrating the release of their self-titled debut album. It's been out in the US since October of 2010 but is just now being released across the pond.

Taylor Swift enjoyed writing songs for "The Hunger Games" soundtrack, which comes out tomorrow. She said writing from someone else's perspective was almost like taking a vacation. Taylor wrote from the perspective of Katniss Everdeen, the main character in "The Hunger Games," which hits the big screen this coming weekend.

Eric Church is on Jimmy Fallon's show tonight.

The tweet of the day is from Martina McBride: "I just did a "nature hike" that began with 432 stairs...straight up. I am not exaggerating. I counted."