Monday, March 5, 2012

Today's Country Tidbits

Lady Antebellum wants to play your prom. Really! They're offering up a 45 minute set at a junior, senior or reunion prom as the prize in a contest they're running on their website. When the three of them were writing "Dancin' Away With My Heart," they shared details of their proms: “Sharing stories of our high school sweethearts or prom or whatever it may be, and it was fun to kind of go back and see that and know where you’ve been and you know, that all kind of led you where you are, and so yeah—it was an interesting journey. You know I think it helps you appreciate what this life is all about, and it is—it’s about all those experiences good and bad that make you who you are.”

Miranda Lambert joins hubby Blake Shelton on The Voice tonight. She'll serve as a mentor to Blake's team before the first "battle round." Is she a fan of the show? Oh, yeah...“I love the show, I’m a big fan. I liked being—semi being a part of it last year, but I also love to watch just as a fan. So, even though my husband is a coach, I don’t let him tell me any of the behind the scenes stuff, ‘cause I wanna watch and be surprised!” She's got a song climbing the charts that she and Blake co-wrote about the death of his big brother. "Over You" moved them both as they wrote it: “We started writin’ this song on the bus. I don’t even know why really. I think maybe we had been talkin’ about Richie and talkin’ about the wedding, you know, sayin’, ‘Wish Richie could be there at the wedding,’ and it just kinda came to us. He was playin’ this melody and kinda said (singing), ‘Weatherman says it’s gonna snow,’ and I was like, ‘That’s kinda cool,’ and then it just started kinda becoming about that subject, and I said, ‘You went away,’ and he said, ‘How dare you,’ for the line, and we both just broke down cryin’. And I’ve never cried writin’ a song before, and I don’t know that I ever will again.”

The Fremont Street Experience concerts in Las Vegas have been announced. The outdoor shows happen just before the ACM Awards, and this year will feature Eric Church, Luke Bryan, Brantley Gilbert, Hunter Hayes, Eli Young Band, Scotty McCreery, Love & Theft Craig Campbell, Laura Bell Bundy and Jana Kramer. The shows take place March 30th and 31st, with the ACM Awards being handed out on April first.

The 11th Annual Michael Douglas & Friends Celebrity Golf Tournament takes place at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas, and one of the celebrities will be playing music, not golf. Kenny Chesney will give a concert during the tournament on May 26th, then hit the road with Tim McGraw for their Brothers of the Sun tour.

Kellie Pickler will perform the pre-race concert before the Food City 500 NASCAR race at Bristol Motor Speedway on March 18th. She and hubby Kyle Jacobs just celebrated their 1-year anniversary in St. Lucia, where they went zip lining deep-sea fishing. According to Kellie, they didn't catch anything but a sunburn.

"Dr. Suess' The Lorax" dominated the box office over the weekend, raking in over $70 million. The movie, featuring the voice of Taylor Swift, had the 6th best debut of any animated film ever.

The tweet of the day is from David Nail: "Went ACM suit shopping with the wife, dinner and movie with the wife! Think she's already wishing I were back on the road! NOT!"