Thursday, March 1, 2012

Today's Country Tidbits

Sugarland has put it "In the Hands of the Fans" for their tour, which kicks off April 5th in Toledo, OH. Fans can text, tweet, Facebook and call in song requests, which will determine the set list for each show. Jennifer Nettles says, "If it’s on one of our records or if we’ve played it on stage it is fair game.” Lauren Alaina and Canaan Smith will be along for the ride.

Dr. Seuss' "The Lorax" opens as an animated movie tomorrow, and Taylor Swift plays the part of Audrey. She thinks people will love the story, saying, “I think my fans and anybody will love The Lorax because it’s just got this magical essence to it. I mean, there’s something...there’s something so insane about the story. There’s such loss, but there’s such hope at the end of it. And that’s always been my favorite thing about this story.” Betty White, Danny DeVito, and Zac Efron also voice characters in the movie version of the classic children's book. Taylor won't be in the states for the movie opening tomorrow - she's in Australia, taking her "Speak Now World Tour" down under.

In Taylor gossip, not news, one online celebrity-watcher site has spotted Taylor Swift and Tim Tebow together twice in the past week.

Keith Urban is still in Australia filming "The Voice," but wanted to celebrate his second week at #1 with "You Gonna Fly." He arranged for a Nashville-area high school marching band to go to the Capitol Nashville building and march through it, playing "You Gonna Fly" for everyone who helped get it to #1. Here's video of the band learning the song and taking it to Capitol...


Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are in Australia, and while Faith was sound-checking, Tim showed off one of his hidden talents...


Joe Don Rooney is excited that Jay DeMarcus and his wife Ali are having a boy. Joe Don has it all planned out: “[Joe Don] I think I wanted Jay to have a boy just...you know, just because he’s got a little girl and just experiencing that boy bond is really special. And, you know, I needed Jagger to have a duo partner. So, maybe he’s got one now. [Jay] They’re gonna start rehearsing as soon as mine’s out of the womb. [Joe Don] And the other thing is, Britney could be the lead singer, so... ‘cause Gary’s daughter can sing like a bird.” Boy DeMarcus is due August first, and the new Rascal Flatts album, "Changed," will be here April 3rd.

How did Sara Evans react when the guys from Rascal Flatts gave her a Jeep as a tour gift? Let her tell it: “So I – I got them a really nice watch and I’m like ‘Oh my gosh I am so sweet I mean they probably didn’t get me anything.’ And I’m, just was so proud of myself for getting them these watches and my manager says you know Gary, Jay, and Joe Don want to come and give you a gift. And I am like ‘Oh that’s just because I got them the watches, that’s sweet. You know, they’re probably going to give me some flowers or something.’ They come on the bus and he holds up a keychain, an Alabama keychain with a key on it. And I – I feel like I was such a dork because I didn’t, I was in shock I’m like ‘I gave you a watch.’”

Do you watch horse races? If you're a Toby Keith fan, be sure to watch the Kentucky Derby the first Saturday in May and root for "Reckless Jerry." That's Toby's horse from his Dream Walkin' Farms.

Zac Brown Band's tour sponsor, Jack Daniels, has enlisted the guys to do a couple of tv commercials for them:



Professional Bull Riders will use Ronnie Dunn's new song, "Let the Cowboy Rock" in their promotional campaign this year.

The tweet of the day is from Blake Shelton: "Folding the third pile of laundry Miranda has handed me tonight... This is bull!! Clothes should be disposable like toilet paper!!!"