Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Today's Country Tidbits

Nearly 40 million people watched the season premier of "The Voice" with Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green and Christina Aguilara. Blake says the dynamic between the four of them is a little different this year: “The four of us were going, ‘Ah, I know I can hear pitch better than Cee Lo can, I’m hittin’ my button!’ It’s not that this year, I don’t think. I think we know what we’re after, and I think you’ll see when we do pick the same artist. You’ll see the claws come out a little bit more this year because we know exactly what we want.” The four coaches go at each other again next Monday night.

Lady Antebellum is headed over the pond for a European tour. According to Charles Kelley, "It’s definitely exciting; I mean I think you know it’s happened if we are being realistic, a lot faster than we could have probably dreamed. We’ve wanted this for a long time now, and to be able to get out there and have our own fans pace out the show, and take them through the musical journey we’ve always wanted.” July is when their European fans' journey begins.

First it was her father-in-law, then a childhood friend, and Miranda Lambert's third loss in as many weeks was her beloved dog, Dixie. Needless to say, her life has been a tear-filled experience so far in 2012. When she took the stage in Huntsville, AL she couldn't finish "The House That Built Me." Her fans helped her out - watch this...


Randy Travis was arrested and booked on public intoxication charges. He was in a parked car in a church parking lot, holding an open bottle of wine. When police did sobriety tests, he flunked, slurring his words and stumbling around. Randy released a statement, saying, “I apologize for what resulted following an evening of celebrating the Super Bowl.” He adds, “I’m committed to being responsible and accountable, and apologize for my actions.”

On the law enforcement flip side, Vince Gill has been sworn in as an honorary narcotics officer, complete with badge. The McMinn County Sheriff hopes to bring more awareness to the drug problems in his county. Vince quipped, “I’ve never used drugs, and never had those types of problems. If I had, my daddy would have killed me.”

Dierks Bentley's seventh cd, "Home," is out today and in the early morning hours, was #1 on iTunes. Dierks tweeted that he's going to be calling fans to see what they think of it, so tweet him your phone number! Meanwhile, early feedback on the title cut has been very gratifying: “One of the first times I played this song, a girl came up to me that had been in the Navy and told me just how much the lyrics meant to her and since then as the song has gone up the charts more and more, just hearing from so many different fans in the military saying how much the lyrics really affect them, so it’s just awesome to have a song out there that we can sing to our fans and they can sing back to us, and we can really honor those families that are making a huge sacrifice for all of us.”

Dierks is on the Today Show this morning, and here's a new type of media mention - Faith Hill is the guest on Self Magazine's Facebook page today.

Happy birthday to Garth Brooks, who turns 50 today.

The tweet of the day is from Blake Shelton: "Damn you @adamlevine! Cocky rockstars...at least you finally admitted to the country how attractive I am."