Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Today's Country Tidbits

According to Dierks Bentley, 5-1-5-0 is police code for a crazy person, and he and his band use the code to describe people they see at concerts: “It’s all about the fans man, lookin’ out every night to see what they do...people jumpin’ up on stage. We played somewhere not too long ago, we had like 10 stage jumpers. It was great! I love it.” This weekend, they'll be on the lookout for crazy people in Maine, Connecticut and Pennsylvania. "5-1-5-0" is burning up the charts like crazy, too.

Keith Urban - jet-setter. Yep, that's what he and his family have become, since he took on the role of coach on the Australian version of the tv show, "The Voice." He, Nicole and their two daughters have been racking up the frequent-flier miles, commuting between the States and Australia. “We've got a place in L.A. that we occasionally go to, and we just decided we'll go back to there, ‘cause that's one flight – Sydney-L.A. direct. So we sort of based ourselves there, but I was in writing mode, so I just basically flew people from Nashville out to write with me. [laughs] So I was able to keep working.” Must be nice to be made of cash, huh?

Blake Shelton has a burning desire - to duet with fellow "The Voice" coach Christina Aguilera. She's already recorded with Cee Lo Green and Adam Levine, and Blake says he'll do whatever it takes to do a country duet with her. According to Blake, “I would pay her, I would beg her, I’ll wash her car, I’ll clean her house, I’ll babysit her kid. I’ll do whatever I need to do to get that done.”

Eric Church has stepped in a big pile with Miranda Lambert, saying that singers who participate in reality tv shows aren’t real artists. Oops! Miranda took him out on tour with her a couple of years ago. He’s got some ‘splainin’ to do!


Carrie Underwood was on the David Letterman show last night, and believe it or not, she was nervous! “When you’re on live I feel like there’s so much more pressure because you want to hit every single note, and you want everything to be perfect because you really only get one shot at it. So I get nervous on TV performances and I don’t get nervous ya know, in concert.” This morning you can see her performing through the butterflies on Good Morning America, and Thursday night she'll perform on American Idol.

In other Carrie news, she's become a rabid hockey fan and says that seeing hubby Mike Fisher's team take the Stanley Cup is on her bucket list. The Nashville Predators are in the playoffs, but are down two games to none against the Phoenix Coyotes. The best of seven series moves to Nashville tomorrow night for the next two games.

The tweet of the day is from Miranda Lambert: "Thanks Eric Church for saying I'm not a real artist. Or @kelly_clarkson, @carrieunderwood & @KeithUrban. Your welcome for the tour in 2010. "