Monday, May 7, 2012

Jake Owen had a bit of a run-in with the law in his hometown of Vero Beach, Florida. Saturday night, after performing, he was celebrating Cinco de Mayo with some buddies and apparently the fun got out of hand. He tweeted a photo of himself and said, “I’m calling it a night. My mom cried. My dad was embarrassed. I lived out another day. Happy Cinco de Mayo!”

Brad Paisley could record anywhere he wanted to because he’s just that big a star. So where does he choose to record? In a studio he built on his own farm. He recorded “Remind Me” with Carrie Underwood there, and is working on his next album right there on the farm. According to Brad, “There’s something about this, in the place that you live, these really iconic things are happening. These people who are so cool are showing up on my farm, coming out here and putting down a piece of music that will live forever.” Check out Brad hard at work at home on this video…



Alan Jackson plays the Grand Ole Opry on Tuesday night and will showcase music from his upcoming album, “Thirty Miles West.” He says fans don’t have too much to worry about – he stayed true to his style on this project: “My voice has gotten a little deeper sounding to me, I think, ‘cause I’ve gotten older. I don’t know that I’ve changed that much musically. I still have always recorded songs—I’ve tried to—that are just fun things like ‘Chattahoochee’ and then much later you have like ‘5 O’Clock Somewhere.’ And then I’ve had songs from heartache like ‘Wanted’ in my early career that are not dissimilar to this song that’s out now.” What he has out now is “So You Don’t Have To Love Me Anymore,” and it continues to climb the charts. The new album comes out June 5th.

Jay and Allison DeMarcus are having a son, due to be born this summer, and his name will be Dylan Jay DeMarcus. According to the Rascal Flatts member, “You know I was hoping for a healthy child, whatever it was I was going to be okay with it. But, I would be lying if I didn’t say that I’m really thrilled that it’s a boy. In the back of mind I wanted one of each.” Big sister Madeline Leigh is excited about her baby brother and can’t wait for him to arrive.

Garth Brooks is doing Vegas shows at the Wynn Hotel. Shania Twain is about to start a two-year run of shows at Caesar’s Palace. Does Las Vegas have room for another country show? Apparently so – rumors are flying hot and heavy that Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are in talks to perform weekend shows at a major venue in Las Vegas. Stay tuned…

Later this month, Trace Adkins will be part of a very special send-off. HonorFlight will send 33 World War II veterans on an all-expense paid trip to Washington DC for a VIP tour of our national treasures. Trace will be in Tyler, TX on May 31st to wish them well and sing the National Anthem.

Congrats to Miranda Lambert, who has the #1 country song this week with “Over You.”

The tweet of the day is from Jake Owen: “The sheriffs were doing their job and I made an immature decision to announce it to the world. This is me talkin, not some puppet reciting what he “should” say. I take full responsibility – I am truly sorry.”