Thursday, September 29, 2011

Today's Country Tidbits

Lady Antebellum are headed for New York, prepping for their first stint on Saturday Night Live. Even though they're pretty big stars themselves, the trio are more than a little star-struck over this gig: “[Dave] I think… [Hillary] Yes! [Dave] …I’d love to meet Andy Samberg. [Hillary] Kristen Wiig. [Dave] Yeah, Some of those guys – I mean, God – Jason Sudeikis and some of those guys are freakin’ hysterical, so. I mean, just to walk through the halls and watch them rehearse and do stuff will just be a pretty surreal experience. [Hillary] Yeah.” They'll perform this Saturday night at 11:30 Eastern on NBC.

Luke Bryan lost his shirt on the Ellen DeGeneres Show yesterday. Well, it didn't completely come off, but he did manage to show off his chest and abs. Here's Luke performing on the show:


When Rascal Flatts played the Opry on Tuesday night and got invited to be members, were they really surprised? According to Jay DeMarcus, yes. “The only thing that was a little weird to me, I told my wife, I said, ‘Just stay home, we’re only doing three songs, it’s just a short segment.’ And she showed up right before we went onstage but she was just like, ‘Well, I put the baby to bed, and the nurse is there so I just came on out…’ And that was the only thing that was a little weird, but I had no clue. Even when Vince came out on stage, I thought he was just messing with Joe Don.” They'll be inducted on October 8th. They've been working on songs for an album with a release date but no title yet. The next Rascal Flatts cd is due out on April 3, 2012.

Carrie Underwood has been writing and recording, working on the follow-up to her 2009 album, "Play On." She says there are six songs recorded for the project, though they could all land in the scrap heap if something better comes along. No release date yet.

Eric Church has played over a thousand shows since he began touring in 2006, and one fan, Aaron Shriver, has been to 100 of those shows. To celebrate this super-fan, Eric brought Aaron up on stage at the 100th show this past weekend and gave him an autographed Gibson Hummingbird guitar.


American Idol alum Scotty McCreery has been invited to tour with Brad Paisley next year.

For your early holiday shopping pleasure, Big Machine Records is offering a holiday gift set in partnership with Colonial Candle. A CD of Christmas music featuring label artists Reba, Taylor Swift, The Band Perry, Martina McBride and Rascal Flatts is included with the candle set. Retail price is around $25.

LeAnn Rimes is on the Ellen DeGeneres show today, and Dierks Bentley is on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tonight.

The tweet of the day is from Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts: "I am beside myself. We were asked to be members of the Grand Ole Opry!!! The greatest honor ever!!! Can't believe it, am I dreaming?"