Thursday, September 8, 2011

Today's Country Tidbits

Gearing up for next Tuesday's album release, Lady Antebellum will not only "Own the Night," they'll own the media, too. Tonight they'll perform at the NFL opener in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and over the next week, they'll also be on the Today Show, the Ellen DeGeneres Show, the Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live and CBS Sunday Morning. According to Lady A's Dave Haywood, “We’re workaholics, I think, all of us. Man, we were ready to have new stuff out there. I mean, almost before “Need You Now” was released, we were working on new material and so we’ve had these new songs written for a while. So, we couldn’t wait to get back in and get these things recorded for everybody.”

Jake Owen has his first #1 song this week, the same week that his new cd, "Barefoot Blue Jean Night," debuts at #1 on the country album chart. Nice week for Jake! Oh, and his plan to call 10 Twitter followers to ask them what they thought of his album has kind of exploded - according to Jake, "I enjoyed talking to people so much that I decided to keep doing it. I've called almost 500 people. I'm going to keep doing it for as long as I can."

Taylor Swift will have to make room for at least one more award: The 2011 Harmony Award. The Nashville Symphony is honoring Taylor as one who exemplifies the Nashville music community. The award will be given to Taylor on December 10th during the 27th Annual Symphony Ball in Nashville.

In the Taylor trivia department, do you know what her new hobby is? Cooking! Taylor's got a collection of cookbooks, uses them, tweaks the recipes to see what happens and will probably end up endorsing a line of cookware, dishes and kitchen linens. Heck, a Taylor Swift cookbook and cooking show? Don't laugh - she's really hooked on cooking: “Right now, I’m, like, obsessed with cooking. So, I’ve been getting all kinds of cookbooks. I have this entire bookshelf full of cookbooks in my place. Ya know, when you go in the stores and there’s just like, ‘How to Make Great Sandwiches,’ and you’re like, ‘Who buys those?’ I buy those! I’m like, ‘A book of 100 ways to make Cupcakes.’ I buy that. I love that.”

From the "awards trivia department," if Thompson Square wins the CMA for Duo of the year, they'll be the first married couple to win that award in 24 years. Who did it last? Ricky Skaggs and his wife, Sharon White, in 1987.

Jay DeMarcus takes you on a backstage tour of a Rascal Flatts tour stop, complete with some comedy...


Want to hear Tony Bennett duet with Carrie Underwood? Here you go!

http://idolator.com/6000712/carrie-underwood-tony-bennett-duet-it-had-to-be-you-premiere

The tweet of the day is from Kellie Pickler: "You can buy an education but you can't buy common sense."