Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Today's Country Tidbits

A few of the performers for the ACM Awards have been announced, and the show's going to be fabulous - Kenny Chesney, Brooks & Dunn, Tim McGraw, Blake Shelton & Trace Adkins, Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum and show host Reba McEntire will all be performing on the show April 18th. More performers will be announced between now and then.

Josh Turner celebrated the success of "Why Don't We Just Dance" at a #1 party in Nashville this week. Though the song was at the top of the charts for 4 weeks, he admitted he had a hard time when it dropped. “When I found out we didn’t get the fifth week, I was kind of moping around my kitchen for about two or three minutes, then I was like, ‘What do I have to complain about? It’s been number one for four weeks! It’s just kind of funny because we as humans always want more and something better. I immediately changed my attitude, outlook, and was very thankful”

Easton Corbin is the first artist to have a debut song go to #1 since Dierks Bentley did it in 2003 with "What Was I Thinkin'."

Trace Adkins is finishing up work on his next album, and is looking forward to bouncing ideas off of the president of his record label, Toby Keith. "I'm finishing up this new record, and when I get ready to make that decision on what the first single is going to be, I'm going to sit down with him and we'll go over the stuff, because I value his opinion."

James Otto had a long day yesterday. He's in Denver and was supposed to fly to California for a show. Had to reschedule the flight, then the second flight boarded, sat on the tarmac, de-iced, sat on the tarmac and finally after midnight, that flight was canceled, too. He spent last night stranded at the airport in Denver.

Confession from Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum - she says she tried out for American Idol twice and didn't make it past the first round. Wow...wonder how the judges feel about missing part of the biggest thing in music right now?

Justin Moore is loving being a dad to daughter Ella, born in February. He says he's sorry that his wife Kate is having to shoulder most of the work, because he's on the road right now, and also says that his daughter has changed his sleeping habits. “I've been joking that I used to come home to get rest, but now I get rest when I head out on the road! Seriously though, everything is going great.” Justin and Kate are both small in stature, so Justin says Ella doesn't have a prayer of being tall, noting she'll probably be tiny her whole life.

Here's some video silliness from Jennifer and Kristian, who are at work on their next album.



There's a sweet show in Nashville tonight. General Tommy Franks will be part of it, along with Charlie Daniels, Kix Brooks, Amy Grant, Gretchen Wilson and Larry Gatlin. Performers are donating their time and talent for Operation Yellow Ribbon, raising money for veterans in need and their families.

Early dvr alert: Kenny Chesney will be on the Oprah show on April 9th. The show will feature his surprise visit to Key West, and you know there'll be a song or two.

Happy 26th wedding anniversary to Toby and Tricia Keith.