Monday, October 1, 2012

Did you catch Carrie Underwood on VH1’s Behind the Music last night? Yeah, she didn’t either! “I got to sit down and kind of go back through my life and talk about singing, why I wanted to do that and what I did as a kid to get me here. They talked to my mom and talked to a lot of friends of mine that I grew up with – I probably don’t even know all the people they ended up talking to. So, it will be fun for me to sit down and watch it too.” Tomorrow afternoon VH1 airs “Carrie Underwood: Unplugged” at 4 Eastern, and they’re sure to re-run her Behind the Music episode soon.

When Luke Bryan’s 4th Annual Farm Tour kicks off Wednesday, it’ll have a stellar opening act: The Peach Pickers. Luke will bring out 2/3 of the trio, Rhett Akins and Dallas Davidson, though the third Peach Picker, Ben Hayslip, won’t be joining them. Those three men are the super-songwriting trio responsible for hits like “Gimme That Girl,” “Put A Girl In It,” “All About Tonight,” “All Over Me,” and Luke’s song “I Don’t Want This Night To End.” All are #1 songs, making the Peach Pickers a powerful force in Nashville. About the shows, Luke says, “We just want to have a little fun in the fall, and I think what’s cool about the Farm Tour is when we continue to go to places like Claxton (Georgia) and Valdosta (Georgia). These things are a big event for these towns, and I just love the fact that people can come out and have a big time, listen to some music. And it’s just a fun experience all the way around. I want to continue to do what I can to keep it rockin’.”
The Voice will officially air new episodes in the spring and fall of 2013, but so far, Blake Shelton is only scheduled to be part of the fall series. He’s already scheduled to host the ACM Awards show in the spring, plus there’s this little thing about touring and producing new music that he likes to do, so it’s doubtful he’ll be part of The Voice in the spring. 
Kristian Bush is going back to his roots – he’ll play two shows at Eddie’s Attic in Decatur, Georgia (a suburb of Atlanta) on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Tickets for the November 25th shows go on sale today. 
Tomorrow, the CW kicks off a new series, “Hart of Dixie,” and Jake Owen’s song, “The One That Got Away,” is featured in the promotional campaign for the show. In the movie world, Steve Azar’s song, “Doin’ It Right,” will be part of the soundtrack for the movie, “Here Comes the Boom,” which stars Kevin James, Salma Hayek and Henry Winkler, and opens next weekend. 
Kip Moore is on the Today Show this morning, and Taylor Swift is on Good Morning America and Nightline. 

Blog Archive