Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Today's Country Tidbits

Blake Shelton is on top of the charts again this week with "Drink on It." It's his second week at #1, and he attributes the success of the song to it's relatability: “I just love the idea of the whole song being about a guy just trying to pick up a girl at the bar, and saying everything she wants to hear.”

Zac Brown Band is touring, and has been in the studio working on a new album due out this summer. Officially, the project doesn't have a title, but little birdies are chirping that "Uncaged" is a top contender. If you catch them on stage, you'll hear some of the new music, as they're mixing in three or four new songs each night.

Lee Brice's "Hard 2 Love" is out today, and according to Lee, his record label gave him the freedom to pick the songs he wanted and to record them his way. Several of the song are live, one-take, full-band recordings instead of the usual instrument-by-instrument layering production that's become normal in Nashville. According to Lee, “I was able to do exactly what I wanted to do—let my heart go free, and just try stuff. The label really allowed me to have so much freedom to just go do things. And that’s why some songs came out like they did.”

Carrie Underwood is admitting to an addiction. Even though she's known for her vegetarian, and now vegan, lifestyle, she is addicted - to shoes! “I mean, I have a lot of shoes. I’m not gonna lie...like, an unnecessary amount of shoes. Um, I did revamp my closet and then I thought, ‘I’ll never be able to fill all these shoe spaces,’ and I’m out of shoe spaces. So, what’s a girl to do?”

Happy birthday to the first American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson, who turns 30 today. About his "Don't You Wanna Stay" duet partner, Jason Aldean says, “I’ve always been a fan of her voice. I love her voice it’s really soulful and kind of has this raspy-ness in it. There’s something about when she starts to sing it’s really powerful and soulful – that’s the thing.”

The tweet of the day is from Miranda Lambert: "At the grocery store just now, I had to use lip liner to cross items off my list. No pen:)"