Monday, April 9, 2012

Today's Country Tidbits

Team Blake is down to four members on "The Voice," and Blake Shelton is enjoying being the coach of his crew. “It’s definitely changed the way I view my position in this business. It’s easy to kind of take it for granted sometimes, but it’s like how many people would love to be standing up here and talking about the stuff I’m talking about. And every time I sit in one of those chairs and I see those people on that stage that want this, it’s humbling – it’s good for you.” Live battle rounds are tonight at 8 Eastern on NBC.

Jake is taken. Saturday night, while performing in his hometown of Vero Beach, Jake Owen proposed to his girlfriend Lacey Buchanan. Thanks to smartphones, there are lots of amateur videos of the event. Here's one from a really good vantage point...


Carrie Underwood has a singing hubby. Mike Fisher likes to sing Carrie's songs around the house, and apparently he's confident - but often wrong. “He’s ...he sings it out, even when it’s wrong. It’s quite amazing how words come out, because they’re always way off and I’m like, ‘Just...time out! What you just said...does that make any sense at all?’ I try to teach him but...I don’t do directions, he doesn’t do lyrics. I guess we both have our shortcomings.” He'll have a whole new album of material to butcher on May first, when Carrie's "Blown Away" comes out.

Justin Moore has his theories about fitness, but I doubt most fitness instructors would agree: “I tell my wife I’m in terrible shape but as long as I look like I’m in alright shape, I’m probably not going to do anything about it. I like to drink beer and I like chicken-fried steak and I can eat gravy on anything, but...you just have to watch it. Everything in moderation is OK, so as long as you don’t get outta control.”

The "All for the Hall" event is tomorrow night in Nashville. Keith Urban hosts it along with Vince Gill, and Rascal Flatts, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert and Pistol Annies, Alabama, The Band Perry and lots of surprise guests will grace the stage. The show will be at Bridgestone Arena and is sold out.

Happy birthday to Hal Ketchum, who is 59 today, and to Dave Innis, guitarist for Restless Heart. He turns 53.

The tweet of the day is from Blake Shelton: "Ok.. Very funny.. Who colored their Easter eggs on my white underwear?"