Monday, April 16, 2012

Today's Country Tidbits

Dave Haywood of Lady Antebellum is officially off the market. He and fiance Kelli Cashiola were married Saturday just outside of Nashville. Dave liked the process of planning a weddding: “You know, I actually enjoy...I really do enjoy the wedding planning. It’s fun to do that and talk about all the details. But, yeah, we’ve been gone on tour for a while so it’s been a lot over email and over the phone.” Lady A bandmates Hillary Scott and Charles Kelley were there to witness Dave's life event, and the band is off this month, giving Dave and Kelli some nice honeymooning time.

Blake Shelton performs along with his team members tonight on The Voice, and he's pretty stressed out about it. “I mean it seriously stresses me out! And maybe, maybe I should try to remove myself from being so attached. But it’s hard to, you know? Especially when you’ve been in the rehearsals with them, and you’ve had all these conversations with them about why they want to do this and that, and how they got in the business—next thing you know, you’re friends with them.” Christina Aguilera will also perform with her team on tonight's show, airing at 8 on NBC.

Keith Urban is starting to write for his next album and says vocal cord surgery has helped his writing, too: “The ability to not be limited in what I can sing has definitely created a freedom to write about things that I haven’t written about in the past.” Keith will be inducted into the Grand Ole Opry this Friday night.

This Friday is also "Record Store Day," a day where artists all across the country give live, free performances at brick & mortar record stores to help consumers remember that they exist. Dierks Bentley will be celebrating with a performance in Seattle, Washington at Easy Street Records.

Brad Paisley is hard at work on his next album, and has definite ideas about what an album should be: “I always have to find inspiration to do an album, especially if it’s a collected grouping of songs that are supposed to have something to do with one another. I’m not a fan of the records that feel like somebody just cut ten songs and put it out.” Wanna see Brad at work? Here's a sneak-peek at the work on his next project...







Miranda Lambert found another dog on the side of the road and tweeted a picture of him. Fans are asking if she's keeping him, and her answer is "it's being discussed." Who could say no to a face like this?



Carrie Underwood's hubby, Mike Fisher, is about to grow a beard. His hockey team, The Nashville Predators, are heading into the playoffs and it's
a tradition that the players grow a beard for good luck. Carrie isn't really happy about it and says she may retaliate and stop shaving, too. Pretty sure she's joking about that, but she's not joking about being vegan. She's a believer in that way of eating. What convinced her? “I actually saw somebody that I work with...her skin was glowing, her eyes were gorgeous, her body was amazing...something had happened. I was like, ‘What are you doing? I need to know.’ And she said, ‘I went vegan.’”

Kip Moore finally has a hit song with "Somethin' Bout A Truck." It's expected to go gold this week, and Kip is set to celebrate: “It’s wild man. I’ve always believed in myself and you have to, to get anywhere. But at the same time you get so use to it not happening, so when it does it’s just wild to see.” The song is now Top 10 at country radio.

Blake Shelton stops by the Tonight Show tonight.

The tweet of the day is from Trace Adkins: "My SWEETHEART OF THE DAY?!?! The beauty I spent the day with watching Disney movies... Trinity Lee Adkins."