Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Today's Country Tidbits

It'll finally be out January 24th - the last cd Tim McGraw produced for Curb Records. "Emotional Traffic" features "Felt Good On My Lips" and his newest song, "Better Than I Used to Be," and Curb plans to release two more songs to iTunes before the release date. On the cd is a song that Tim co-wrote with Martina McBride and The Warren Brothers, "I Will Not Fall Down." No word on whether that will be one of the early releases to iTunes.

Brad Paisley released a book last year, co-written with David Wild. But does that make him an author? “You can’t call me an author; I’m not an author. I am a guitar player. And I happen to have a book about that, but that doesn’t make you an author. That makes David Wild an author. It makes him a miracle worker that he was able to put my feet to the fire and get me to actually finish this thing. I’m still just a guitar player at heart.”

The Band Perry are getting set to go on tour with Brad Paisley, who's "Camobunga" tour kicks off January 12th. Pranks are a routine event on Brad's tours, but will The Band Perry prank him? Kimberly chimes in, “You know, we’re all kinda chickens. I mean, I don’t feel like any of us really live on the edge. We try to be in bed by midnight and wake up at seven [laughs]. But, if any of us would be, it’d be Reid. Even by nature, he’s like a horseman, you know? He’s just a little more gutsy I would say than the other two of us.”

Lady Antebellum had a hot year in 2011, and they're poised for even more success, if that's possible, in 2012. According to Hillary Scott, the trio has a different yardstick to measure their success: “You can’t measure success based on just how many records it sells or how many awards you win. Like, that’s a part of it, but more than anything we have to be happy and proud of what we’re doing and feel like we’re being honest and authentic, because we are. And, if that’s embraced, if people see that, then we’re on the right track.”

Carrie Underwood got a special gift for Christmas from hubby Mike - a painting of a bull. They were in a gallery in Nashville and Carrie fell in love with it, so Mike went back later and bought it for her. The bull's name is "Harry" and here is Carrie's Harry...

Kenny Chesney spent a large part of 2011 in stadiums, and like most of us, picked up souvenirs. His souvenirs are a bit more special, though: “I’ve got a lot of friends that play sports now and, trust me, after ‘Boys of Fall’ came out, all those guys came to the show. I mean, it was unbelievable. So, I got so many signed helmets from people that I look up to, and sports have always been a big part of my life.”

The tweet of the day is from Martina McBride: "Been staying up too late and sleeping too late. So ready to get back on a real schedule. Girls go back to school Wednesday #thankGod"