Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today's Country Tidbits

Taylor Swift' live webcast, scheduled to start at 5 p.m. Eastern time, is all about her new album, the process of songwriting and what fans can expect from this next project. She's decided to take over the internet with it, with the chat available on TaylorSwift.com, Ustream.tv/taylorswift, MySpace.com/TaylorSwift and Facebook.com/TaylorSwift. All of the sites allow fans to interact via a chat window on all sites.

Billy Currington has been spending a lot of time in Hawaii, and has picked up a new talent - ukelele. “All my friends that I meet over there, they all play the ukulele so they’ve been showing me some cords and I gotta friend over here in the U.S. that’s been teaching me lately. I’m right now like the beginning stage like I was when I first started playing guitar at 17. I’m just starting to get the cords down, cause it’s so different than playing guitar. And uh, it’s been fun playing that thing.”

Jewel and her husband, bull-rider Ty Murray, are embarking on a two-month motorcycle trip across America. Jewel calls it a once in a lifetime adventure. Knowing her, there'll be updates from the road, so watch for news of their travels here.

There's a Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute album out today, featuring country artists covering southern rock classics. "Sweet Home Alabama: The Country Music Tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd" features Jamey Johnson, Randy Houser, Eric Church and more. Flynnville Train's "Redemption" is also out today.

Tweet of the day is from Blake Shelton: "Just saw "the house that built me" video by ML..... Never felt more pride in my life...."

Happy birthday to Radney Foster, who turns 51 today.