Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Today's Country Tidbits

Rehearsals are done and tonight is the night for the CMA Award Show. Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood will host the show for the 4th straight year, and will also perform "Remind Me," their #1 duet, for the first time together in front of a live audience. Faith Hill will sing her new song, "Come Home," Martina McBride will sing her breast cancer anthem, "I'm Gonna Love You Through It" and The Band Perry will sing "All Your Life." The show starts at 8pm Eastern on ABC.

What can we expect? Well, apparently Blake Shelton will be the butt of at least one joke. Brad Paisley reveals, “I think...Blake Shelton’s a good target somewhere. He’s had a great year. I think he’s...I toured with him, you know?” Meanwhile, what's Blake hoping for? Winning his favorite award. “I always thought Album of the Year is the coolest award even, even over Entertainer of the Year. I don’t know why, I just always thought that would be the coolest award to get. That’s what makes this town work, you know, record sales and good music and stuff.” What will Mrs. Blake Shelton be wearing? Miranda Lambert doesn't know, but she knows it'll be good. “You know, on stage for my own shows I love to be comfortable. I like to look stylish but I have to have something I can move in ‘cause I’m kinda all over the place. But for award shows and stuff I have a stylist named, Tiffany Gifford, and she, she really knows my style and knows my body, so she brings great options and you know, girls kinda get dressed depending on their mood. So, it usually depends on the day what I feel like, but, but I usually have some great options to choose from.”

In the audience tonight will be a speech-language pathologist named Jennifer Dotson. She won the NARM/RIAA essay contest with her story about how Lady Antebellum's music affected her students. In addition to the VIP seating, she also gets $1,000. "Give the Gift of Music" recognizes educators who are making a difference in their students' lives through music.

Last night at the BMI Awards, Rhett Akins and Dallas Davidson won Songwriters of the Year. The two Georgia natives had five of the year's most-played songs, including "All Over Me," a song made popular by Josh Turner. That one won Song of the Year last night.

In other award show news, Taylor Swift has three nominations in the 2012 People's Choce Awards, Lady Antebellum and Blake Shelton have two each and Rascal Flatts and Keith Urban have one apiece. Those awards will be handed out on January 11th, 2012 on CBS.

Did you miss Brad Paisley in front of Bridgestone Arena yesterday morning? Here you go...


Tonight, the CMT Red Carpet Special includes all of the big stars as they arrive at the CMA Awards, the 45th Annual Country Music Association Awards airs on ABC and Thompson Square is on Jimmy Kimmel Live after the award show.

The tweet of the day is from John Rich: ""The 8th of November" was written as a thank you to all the veterans for their service. Today is the 8th. BLAST that song 2day! God bless.."