Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Today's Country Tidbits

Kix Brooks' son Eric is in New Orleans for Mardi Gras, and was injured in a hit and run. According to Kix, "ok - so, how bad can it get in New Orleans? - well my son Eric and his 3 friends called from the hospital at 2am - seems some maniac comes sceaming around the corner missed two of them, but his buddy gets hit and bounces off the windshield - eric gets hit in the leg trying to jump out of the way - guy swerves hits two cars and takes off - can't get the license plate -xrays, but no broken bones - still alive with fat tuesday coming up - are you kidding me - ??? - payback is ..."

Blake Shelton has been tapped to be a coach on "The Voice," a singing competition show that premiers April 26th on NBC. According to Blake, "I'm not sure The Voice knows what they signed on for by bringing me on the show." Blake is joined by Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green and Adam Levine, lead singer for Maroon 5. Each coach gets a team of aspiring singers to mold into great talents, and the winner gets a recording contract and $100,000.

It's official - there will be a Brad Paisley/Carrie Underwood duet on Brad's upcoming cd. About a married couple trying to rekindle their romance, "Remind Me" will be part of "This is Country Music," which comes out May 24th.

It's apparently also official - Gwyneth Paltrow is in talks with Atlantic Records for a recording contract. Says Gwyneth, “I think because my mom was an actress and I just thought that’s what I was supposed to do in a way. Because I’ve always loved music and I’ve always loved singing. But I was just kind of on that course. I never questioned it. Since I was little I was just going to be an actress and that was it.” Her dream duet partners? Miranda Lambert, Beyonce and Jay Z.

Keith Urban's first show of 2011 happens tonight at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.

Jason Aldean will be taking Chris Young and Thompson Square along on his tour this summer. The 2011 My Kinda Party tour starts July 8th in Milwaukee.

Trace Adkins donated a decorated birdhouse to The 10th Annual Birdhouse Thing, a benefit for the W.O. Smith Nashville Community Music School. There are 161 items in Thursday's auction, not including tickets and meet & greet passes to shows donated by Alan Jackson, Lady Antebellum, Sara Evans, Darius Rucker, Josh Turner, Kellie Pickler and lots more. If you can't be in Nashville Thursday evening for the fun, you can still bid. The celebrity item online auction starts today and goes through March 22nd.

Tomorrow, Trace Adkins will be on Craig Ferguson - and he's taking a friend...


The "Glee" album, featuring Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now," is out today, as are Sara Evans' "Stronger" and Kenny Rogers' "The Love of God."

The tweet of the day is from Trent Tomlinson: "I'd pay big money to see Jamey Johnson and Charlie Sheen in the same room together!"