Monday, October 31, 2011

Today's Country Tidbits

It's Halloween, and what is Troy Gentry of Montgomery Gentry doing tonight? Hanging with his 8-year-old daugher Kaylee, and doing the trick-or-treat thing. According to T-Roy, “We will be home for Halloween. We usually try to block off that time to spend with our kids. And all the kids in my neighborhood are running around from door to door, so it’s great.” No word on what Troy will be dressed as, though it's pretty well-known that he's a Batman fan.

Luke Bryan loves Halloween - mostly for the candy. “We’re looking forward to trick-or-treating, and doing it in our neighborhood. You can find out a lot about your neighbors by what kind of candy they put out. Well, like, full bars of Snickers bars, that’s…Reese’s cups, ya know, stuff like that. The ole chocolate popcorn ball of stuff, that, that’s no good.”

Justin Moore doesn't like Halloween, not one dang bit - well, maybe a tiny bit, this year. “Well, maybe I’ll like it a little better this year, since Ella’s old enough to maybe trick-or-treat a little bit, but…I think she’s going to be a cat. We’ve been practicing with her the meow and that kinda stuff. I’ve just never liked Halloween. I can’t stand it. It’s like the one holiday that I just, I don’t know why, but I never got. As a kid, I never dressed up, I didn’t want my face painted or nothing. I was a strange kid. I was a stranger kid than I am adult, if you can imagine that.”

And Kellie Pickler likes Halloween for the decorating opportunities. “Kyle came home from work one day, and he looks up and I’m hanging off the roof. He’s like, “Baby, get down from there!” I’m like, hanging spider webs, draping it from one corner of the house to the next, and…yeah, we had big spiders, we had a big witch on our porch. We, yeah, we went all out last year. I don’t know what we’re gonna do this year, though.” Not much more time to plan it, Kellie!

A topless photo of Taylor Swift? Nah - but a tabloid website is claiming that they might have one. TMZ says Taylor's legal team has threatened to sue and is demanding a retraction and apology.

Congrats to Lady Antebellum, Justin Moore and Ricky Skaggs, who all won awards Friday night at the 17th Annual Inspiration CMA Faith, Family and Country Awards. Lady A won best video for "Hello World," Justin Moore won Mainstream Inspirational Song for "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away," and Ricky Skaggs took home the Entertainer of the Year award.

Miranda Lambert is in the latest issue of Us Magazine, and talks about how she and Blake Shelton chill out at home. “Nothing too fancy; no big date nights. We cook meat out on our smoker, then we watch TV. I’ve really gotten into ‘Law & Order: SVU,’ and he loves funny movies. One of our staples is ‘Bad Santa.’ It’s wack, but so good! Also, deer season is coming up, so I’ll be back and we can go out hunting a lot. Hanging out together helps us stay friends, which is the most important thing.” Her new album, "Four the Record," comes out tomorrow, and Miranda will be on the Today show, talking it up. Wednesday, she'll be on Live with Regis and Kelly.

It's a couples thing - Tim McGraw and Faith Hill will both release new music cds in 2012. Tim's still all roiled up in a lawsuit with his previous record label, and Faith is still working on the music she'll offer, so release dates are TBA, but I'll keep you posted.

Gloriana is in the studio today, recording a Christmas song.

Happy birthday to Darryl Worley, who is 47.

The tweet of the day is from Chris Young: "That awkward moment when you think a girl is dressed up for Halloween, but really she just has bad make-up."