Thursday, July 28, 2011

Today's Country Tidbits

Congratulations to Taylor Swift, who will be honored with the Teen Choice Awards' Ultimate Choice Award during the telecast on August 7th. The show's top honor recognizes Taylor for her contributions to the entertainment industry.

Going to a Zac Brown Band concert this summer? Hang out in the tailgate lot having fun with your friends before the show, but keep an eye out for Zac, who likes to check out the party incognito. Says Zac, “I love—I absolutely love being on a motorcycle, in a helmet, nobody knows who I am. I can ride right through the tailgating with a helmet on and it’s just like you’re invisible. I can observe first hand what’s going on at our shows, and at these Kenny shows, and these things, and get to see it. You know, I just get out and ride around the tailgating. There’s no other way to do it.”

Zac Brown Band and Jimmy Buffett want to give you a prize, and they want to hear about your favorite/least favorite/craziest summer mishap story. You could win the message in a bottle used in the "Knee Deep" video, signed by Zac and Jimmy, plus other cool prizes.


Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood's video for "Remind Me" is done and on CMT.com...and here.


Chris Young's bass player, Steve, decided he would pop the question to his girlfriend, and wanted to be creative about it. He had a shirt made that said "Missy, Marry Me!" and wore it last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live. He put it on just before Chris Young and the band hit the stage, and Missy didn't miss the message. By the way, according to Chris on Twitter, Missy said "yes" and Chris tweeted, "So congrats to my bass player Steve and Missy!"

Congratulations to Blake Shelton, who now has two weeks topping Billboard's Top 200 album chart with his new "Red River Blue." He worked hard to make the songs the best he could, saying, “As a writer, it’s hard to really, honestly go ‘well, my song that I wrote is better than this song,' because when you got guys like Rhett and Craig Wisemen, and those guys—Ben Hayslip and Dallas, all writing songs and sending them, everyday you get one and you go, ‘oh my God, that’s even better than the other one I was gonna cut!'”

Be on the lookout for Toby Keith's video to "Made In America" today.

The tweet of the day is from Blake Shelton: "I'm so hung over right now I just salt and peppered a wet dish rag and put new batteries... In my cat."