Thursday, June 16, 2011

Today's Country Tidbits

Dierks Bentley has two daughters, Evie, who's 2 and a half and Jordan, who's six months old. Of Evie, Dierks says, “When I was growing up, my exposure to country music was my dad listening to the radio in the car. I mean, my daughter’s exposure to music in general is just crazy, it’s all around. So, she loves it and I’m not trying to turn her into my 401k package you know, down the road. But, if she wanted to get into the business, I’d support her.” Gotta keep an eye on that little one - she's bound to be a prodigy.

Can't see the whole thing yet, but here are clips from the video for the Zac Brown Band & Jimmy Buffett song, "Knee Deep."


Blake Shelton had to hurry up and produce the album that went with his new single, "Honey Bee" when that song started racing up the charts. Blake knew he had a good song on his hands but never expected it to be as hot as it was. In the midst of taping "The Voice" he and his band had to hit the studios to produce the rest of the album, which comes out July 12th. "Honey Bee" is the fastest-selling digital single by a country male artist to hit gold status. The cd, "Red River Blue," comes out July 12th and here's the track list:

1. “Honey Bee”
2. “Ready To Roll”
3. “God Gave Me You”
4. “Get Some”
5. “Drink On It”
6. “Good Ol' Boys”
7. “I'm Sorry”
8. “Sunny In Seattle”
9. “Over”
10. “Hey”
11. “Red River Blue”

We see a lot of Carrie Underwood's Mom, but what about her dad? Says Carrie, “My dad is the kind of person that most likely, he’ll never look at me and my sisters and say ‘Hey, I’m proud of you,’ or ‘you’re doing a great job’ or anything like that. But I catch him watching things he’s taped of me on TV. You know, that means a lot. And I’d meet co-workers of his that used to work with him, and they’ll say, ‘Your dad has pictures of you all over his desk—like, proud to the world!”

Carrie Underwood earned a platinum single for "Last Name," and Taylor Swift is already at gold with "Mean."

Brad Paisley will be part of the New York City July 4th celebration. He'll perform on NBC's Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular.

Martina McBride, Darius Rucker and Lady Antebellum all taped performances at the Grand Ole Opry last week that will be used on the Labor Day MDA Telethon.

Congratulations to Ronnie Dunn, who debuted at #1 on the country album sales charts with his self-titled album. He sold over 45,000 units in the first week.

Happy birthday to Billy "Crash" Craddock, who turns 72 today.

The tweet of the day is from David Nail: "Who love 6am flights? Me me meeeeeeee! I admire folks who work this early, you all should be paid double!"