Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Today's Country Tidbits

From the "it's hard to be a prophet in your own hometown" playbook, Tim McGraw says his daughters don't think he's cool. He's in Good Housekeeping magazine, talking about his life, and says his chore is taking out trash. Another assignment - hiring contractors to finish projects that he starts and can't do.

New performers have been added to the roster for the CMT Music Awards. Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, Zac Brown Band and Kid Rock will be performing, along with previously announced Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Keith Urban, Toby Keith and Lady Antebellum. Voting continues through June 8th.

Now the truth can be told...Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum is more than just a songstress, she's a style-stress. She's featured in this month's InStyle magazine, where she answers the Sexy Dozen on page 267.

Somebody needs to help Jake Owen. He gets lonely on the road, and gets lonely when he's home. “I don’t have a girlfriend, I don’t have mom and dad or family up here, and when I come home off the road – other than my dog – and I did this yesterday, got home from the bus, got home to my house took my dog out, he did his thing, and he and I just sat there and stared at each other for a couple of hours. I mean, it’s kind of weird not having a lot to do when you come home.” Awwww...

Little Big Town is on the Country Throwdown tour, and they're holding a Little White Church Reception backstage at each tour stop. Pick a city, and enter to be part of the fun.

Yesterday, Taylor Swift added two new awards to her trophy collection: Artist of the Year from the National Association of Recording Merchandisers and Song of the Year for "Love Story" at the BMI Pop Awards.

Chely Wright will be on the Oprah show today, and Wynonna is on the celebrity look-alike show "I Get That A Lot" tonight on CBS. She'll be posing as a tire-store employee, pranking the customers.