Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Today's country music tidbits...

Check out Sugarland getting pranked from a front-row view. At a show last week, strippers interrupted the show, and it's wonderful to see how Jennifer Nettles handled the whole thing.

Lee Ann Womack has launched a free fan club, The Lee Ann Womack Country Music Appreciation Society And Social Club. "I had a fan club when I first started, and then I quit having it because I never felt comfortable taking money from people to be a fan," Womack says. "It's totally free, but you have to agree to my rules, which I think are pretty funny." For example, members are required to admire Lee Ann’s shoes, either in person or on the comments page, refrain from commenting about her not-tall stature and try to attend her concerts and meet & greets when they’re near you.

And in more LeAnn news, LeAnn Rimes will be doing some manual labor today. LeAnn with one "e" was the 2009 recipient of The Home Depot Humanitarian Award at April's 44th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards, so will help build a playground today at Spring Valley Apartments in Murfreesboro. Joining her on the one-day build are volunteers from The Home Depot, Academy of Country Music, KaBOOM!, the United Way of Rutherford and Cannon counties and Murfreesboro community members. Go to Tennessean.com today starting at 10:30 a.m. central time to see live streaming video from the build.

Luke Bryan on songwriting: “That's my inspiration -- trying to speak to a people. I want people to hear my songs and be like, 'Yeah, that guy is just like me."


The only song on “American Ride” that Toby Keith didn’t have a hand in writing is the title cut, which is currently #1 on the charts, proving he can pick ‘em as well as he can write ‘em.

Tube Check : (10/7): Rosanne Cash, Late Show with David Letterman (CBS); Miranda Lambert, Bonnie Hunt Show (syndicated); Toby Keith, Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien (NBC).

Blog Archive