Monday, November 26, 2012

Jake and Lacey Owen are now a family of three – their daughter Olive Pearl Owen was born on Thanksgiving Day. Calling her his “little turkey baby,” Jake said, “My grandparents are super excited about being great grandparents. My parents are excited about being grandparents and I’m excited about being a parent. So, there’s a lot of cool feelings going around the Owen household these days.” Ever felt pressure from your mom for grandkids? You’re not alone – listen to Jake on his mom’s pressure: “My mom has asked me for years, ‘When are you gonna get married? When are you gonna get married? I want grandbabies.’ And I told her that it just was gonna take the right person and I really thought I’d never get married but a lot of things in my life have happened when I least expected it.”
Did you spend Black Friday and Small Business Saturday in the stores? Turns out, country stars are pretty much like us – some did, and some didn’t. On the “didn’t” side is Brad Paisley: “I’m pretty last minute. Most guys I think are like me. You just don’t invest enough, you don’t think ahead, and plan it.” Carrie Underwood, on the other hand, loves to shop the sales, and not just for other people: “I love shopping in general. Makeup shopping can get me in trouble for sure. If I go into a make-up store and they give you one of those little baskets to carry around… By the end of it I’m like what just happened. You know I pass over my credit card so easily, and my magic plastic card and then they give me stuff.” Luke Bryan and his wife Caroline are seasoned Christmas shoppers for sons Bo and Tate: “Yeah my wife and I, we talk about it and get it figured out. And kind of pick what we want to get him and have a good old Santa Claus night.” Lee Brice is adamantly on Brad Paisley’s side where Black Friday shopping is concerned: “I never get involved with that, ever.” It’s a house divided for Thompson Square’s Shawna and Keifer: “[Shawna] The deals you can get are so good on that day. [Keifer] It’s not worth the stress. We almost got…[Shawna] We got plowed. [Keifer] Plowed by this crazy lady trying to get to a Nintendo or something I don’t know she was freaking out, like running people over. There have been people like hurt and kills and stuff with these stupid things.”
Garth Brooks has wrapped up his run in Las Vegas, but there are rumblings of a tour in the works. His youngest daughter is due to graduate high school in the spring of 2014 and apparently Garth is considering a major tour later that year. That means he’s probably already working on music for an album, and we know there’ll be a tv special directed by Martin Scorsese, live from the Encore Theatre in Vegas. No word on the date for the special, but expect it to happen before the tour in 2014. 
Tracy Lawrence fed a lot of hungry people over Thanksgiving – his “Mission: Possible Turkey Fry” fed thousands with the 500 turkeys he and his friends fried up in the Nashville Rescue Mission’s parking lot last Tuesday. Since his event started in 2006, he’s supplied about 6,500 fried turkeys to feed more than 40,000 families at Thanksgiving. 
Wednesday night, Trace Adkins will help with the annual lighting of the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center. He’ll sing a new, Celtic- influenced version of “We Three Kings.” 
Taylor Swift’s “Red” has dominated the top of the country charts for 4 weeks in a row, but lost it’s grip on the Billboard 200 all-genre chart last week to One Direction. She’s on the Katie Couric Show today.

Blog Archive