Thursday, June 21, 2012

Today's Country Tidbits

Congratulations to Tim McGraw, as his song “Better Than I Used to Be” has been certified gold. What else does he have to celebrate? “It’s a busy summer ya know. My middle daughter goes into high school next year, so I’ll have two daughters in high school. We’re getting ready for that. My youngest goes into 5th grade. It’s going to be a busy year coming up – there’s a couple movie projects in the works. The tour and new album hopefully coming out in the fall. My wife’s finishing up an album, so it’s a pretty busy time in the McGraw household.” 

Lady Antebellum has sold out all of their tour stops in Australia, and Charles Kelley is hoping to see more of the country during this trip: “Well I remember I was so jetlagged the first time. They all kept getting mad at me because I wanted to sleep during the day. So I didn’t get to do much site-seeing. I believe in jetlag now – it’s such a long flight.” 

Carrie Underwood is playing her first show in England tonight, at the sold-out Royal Albert Hall. She’s been having fun sight-seeing, but is suffering a little bit of jet lag, too. 

CMT Crossroads this Saturday night is Joe Walsh & Friends. The “friends” are Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Sara Evans, Luke Bryan, Hunter Hayes and Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top. Guess which song Joe and Brad will do together? “You know I’ve always thought ‘Life’s Been Good,’ is as perfectly written as something could be. Both lyrically with its sarcasm and its outlook, but also structurally with the licks that start it – and take little sort of amendments in the middle. It’s amazing.” 

This past Friday night in Cleveland, Brad Paisley treated his tour mates, band and crew to a bit of late-night fun after the sold-out concert. They all took over the Grand Prix go-kart track at Fun ‘n’ Stuff, racing until 3am. 



Kenny Chesney is on the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tonight and the Today Show tomorrow morning. And a “way-in-advance” DVR alert – Kenny Chesney will perform live from a barge on the Hudson River in New York on the 36th Annual Macy’s Fourth of July Fireworks special on NBC.