Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Today's Country Tidbits






Tonight's the night that the Grand Ole Opry returns to the Opry House, and the stars are lined up to play: Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Trace Adkins, Dierks Bentley, Martina McBride, Montgomery Gentry, Jason Aldean and the Charlie Daniels Band will all be part of the first show back in the Opry House since the flooding in May. The show will air live on GAC from 9-11 eastern time tonight, and will also stream on GACTV.com and participating artists' websites. Dierks Bentley is so happy to be back on stage at the Grand Ole Opry that he couldn't contain himself...



Alan Jackson and Miranda Lambert will tour Australia this coming March. “I’ve always heard that it’s just beautiful down there,” Alan says. “Everyone I know that’s been has loved it, said the people down there are really nice and welcome people from the U.S. so generously. I know I’ve got a lot of fans down there and I know they like my kind of music, so I think it’ll be a fun trip.” The tour includes a show in Melbourne, one in Sydney and two in Brisbane.

On October 8th, Toby Keith's "Invitation Only" show premiers on CMT. Here's a sneak-peek:


Martina McBride took a tour of a Naval Air Station before a show last week. Enjoy the ride!


Taylor Swift fans have a month to go before they can get "Speak Now," Taylor's new cd, but through the iTunes' countdown program, they can get a song a week starting next Tuesday. The title track will be available then, followed by "Back to December" on the 12th and "Mean" on the 19th. On October 25th, those who've gotten the early songs can just use the "complete my album" option to get the rest of it.

Jack Ingram's acoustic motel series continues with a cover of Katy Perry's song, "Teenage Dream."


Congratulations to Kenny Chesney, who's "The Boys of Fall" is his 20th #1 single.

New music out today includes Kenny Chesney's "Hemingway's Whiskey," and Shawn Camp's "1994."

Today, Kenny Chesney is on Good Morning America and a bunch of country A-listers are on "Country Comes Home: An Opry Live Celebration" on GAC.

The tweet of the day is from Blake Shelton: "I used to hear people talk about the fact that I was getting older... Now days I hardly ever hear them. I win!!!"